Experienced Service Business Development Manager to cover the Midlands and surrounding areas. £38k with a company car / car allowance with uncapped commission (realistic OTE would be + £8k-£10k)
The primary role would be to contribute directly to the company by securing New Service Contracts whilst maintaining close relationships with allocated Customers to develop further growth opportunities and secure retention.
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate ideally should have:
- A proven, successful track record within sales in either the automatic door or service industry
- A broad knowledge of the door industry
- Ability to accurately forecast sales on a monthly basis
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as remotely
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly understand the company’s product range and service offering
- Dynamic, High energy and strong self-motivation is imperative
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- To help achieve the business plan by generating the sufficient quality and quantity of enquiries necessary, and to convert these into orders.
- Professionally represent the Company and promote and enhance its reputation
- Monitor, Report & Drive Sales Growth Associated With existing Customers in Region
- Securing New Customer & Existing Customer Sales Opportunities/Growth
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and service needs
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Monitor, Report & Drive Contract Renewals Associated With existing Customers in Region
- Tender Completion Including Management & Ownership Of Tender Schedules
- Promptly prepare accurate reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all negotiations and hand over orders to operations in accordance with company procedures
- Work cooperatively with Operations and Service colleagues for the benefit of the Company as a whole
- Use knowledge of our customers and the compelling arguments for an AAES Service Agreement to recover customers who decided not to Renew their contracts
- Promote AAES Modernisation and Upgrade solutions, in addition to selling Service Agreement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience of field sales in a fast paced customer service environment.
- Knowledge of ‘service’ provision in some form. Knowledge of the service b2b marketplace is desirable, as is an understanding of FM.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the ability to implement short, medium and long-term growth plans.
- Understands pipe lines and hit rates.
- “Can do” attitude, desire to make things happen.
- Willingness to take ownership of results and to stand up and be counted.
- Strong customer account focus, personal experience of account management.
- Credible and confident with Director-level customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A team player who can operate at all levels including Director level
Special Competencies required:
E.g. computer skills, foreign languages, licenses, certificates or designations, etc. Include required and preferred and note accordingly
- Graduate level of education desirable
- Proven successful sales career in a service environment
- Computer skills (Microsoft)