My client is looking for a Head of Learning/ qualifications to lead and shape the development, maintenance and delivery of a learning portfolio that expand the capabilities and performance of professionals involved in a niche training area.
The key requirements of the role are project managing the design, writing and budget for existing and new learning products and providing the quality assurance on these prior to their delivery. You will be working closely with awarding bodies and adhering to regulatory frameworks and be familiar with the constraints that this brings.
The business is customer focused and holds a leading share in a highly competitive market. The successful candidate will become an integral member of the senior management team, helping to advise the business in terms of development and delivery strategy, (delivery is carried out by tutors) as well as contributing to all aspects of running an international business.
To succeed in the role, the Head of Learning/ qualifications will need to have a collaborative nature, the ability to deal with challenging stakeholders and work as part of our small senior management team to make key commercial decisions. This will be a hands-on role which will require strong strategic and tactical capabilities and the willingness to use your knowledge and experience to help develop the business.
You will need to be a strong leader, able to manage a wide variety of resources (both in-house and outsourced, including associate course writers, tutors, digital specialists and translation services), bringing all aspects of the business together to ensure that the development and delivery of products to the customer is considered and thought-through. You will monitor the quality and performance products and delivery mechanisms throughout their lifecycle and use that information to make continuous improvements throughout the business. You will also ensure compliance with awarding body accreditation requirements.
Key skills required:
- Proven success in project management and development of Learning products through effective management of people/ resources and support services
- Significant experience working within the learning field, including leading product development and delivery teams.
- A passion for the holistic delivery of product to the customer and the ability to drive this throughout the business.
- Experience of managing small teams in the UK and virtual teams globally
- Managing associate resources to design and bring innovative yet cost effective, scalable and profitable products to market.
- Fantastic communication skills with the ability to build robust relationships at all levels of the business.
- An analytical mind and track record of making data-driven decisions.
Experience in digital learning would be highly desirable but is not an essential requirement.
All CVs will be considered, however only those selected for the short list will be contacted directly.