Based in South- West London. Salary: £25, 000 – £40, 000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Copywriter/ Journalist for an award-winning Tech PR agency based in SW London. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a genuine desire to join a fast growing, dynamic, well respected and highly motivated team.
The copywriter will work alongside account managers and directors and also have direct client contact (to discuss briefs and present content/work).
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a writing role – ideally some B2B technology – preferably with an agency copywriting background.
- Must be able to demonstrate some form of B2B writing and communicating complex propositions (if does not have any technology experience).
- A journalism/creative writing/English degree would be an advantage — although degree not essential if someone can demonstrate strong experience
- Possess proven skill and ability to work across and juggle various workloads
- Excellent people skills with ability to rationalise and present your work to clients
- Knowledge of the tech world and business media and how to write for a business audience
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
Open to young, ambitious and talented candidates at the start of their careers as well as more experienced candidates who could potentially help to lead a content team in the long-term
- Working closely with the team of account managers and executives to understand the clients’ needs for new content: from social media and ABM content, editorial content, websites, blogs, award entries
- Writing for a B2B and B2C audience, in print and digital, ideally you will have previous experience in tech – whether that’s wearable tech or digital marketing platforms. You will have a folio of relevant work to talk through and you’ll know what makes a good story and how to adapt tone of voice to suit an audience and the brand.
- The press release writing element will probably remain with the PR account managers but you will work alongside them to write a variety of copy, case studies, blog posts, market reports, social media content, print editorial – short and long form.
- Knowledge building to ensure continuous ideas generation and creative approach to client PR campaigns
- Active involvement writing compelling copy for new business presentations
Excellent training opportunities are provided by the agency and as an individual, you will be actively encouraged to attend events and conferences to build your market knowledge and expertise.
In addition to client work, you will be encouraged to get involved in developing the agency through internal training initiatives, involvement in marketing activity, blogging and playing an integral role on new business pitching.